Thursday, December 16, 2010

December

December has been wonderful...we have had so much fun decorating and baking...and NOT doing War College!! That's right I FINISHED the War College...YEAH!  We're now waiting for Jay to finish one more paper before  he is out of school for the semester so we can ALL do some relaxing on the weekends....until he starts up, again, in the spring semester.  Me...did I mention that I'm DONE with War College...YEAH!!
Meanwhile, when my folks were here, we tried to set up our big, beautiful fake Christmas tree and discovered that it will not fit in this house.  So, off we went to the local Christmas tree stand to find a skinny 5 foot tree that fits just right in the Bolling house.  We then took the boys to get their picture taken with Santa and I think Cael was a little nervous.  (weren't we all on our first visit to Santa?)  Last weekend, we walked around downtown and took some pictures of the National Christmas tree and the White House.
The big news is that today we received about 3 inches of snow and proof of the power of prayer.  You see, Cael has faithfully prayed for snow every night for two weeks and today his prayers were answered.  It was so pretty.  Enough to make it look nice but not so much that commuting was entirely miserable.  I took the opportunity to wait out a bit of traffic and go for a run on the National Mall before I came home and took a few shots of the sites while the boys and the next door neighbors had an awesome snow ball fight....

Pretty psychedelic cookies, eh?

One can NEVER have too much sugar...

Santa, we've been VERY good this year...trust us!










Wish you could have all been here!  I'll try to be more faithful in my posts...did I mention that War College is done!!  YEAH!!!  Merry Christmas, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment