Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Little Sightseeing, a Little Shopping, and A LOT OF FUN!

Today, Kai and I visited the Chen Family Temple and the Pearl Market all by ourselves, while Jay "went to school". Although we had been to both places during our last visit, I wanted Kai to be able to say that he had seen them, as well. We also want all of the boys to have a string of pearls to give their brides, someday, so I did have a mission when we went to the market. The trip was uneventful. But I must share the personal challenge of trying a solo-visit to a Chinese squatty potty with a two-year old in a backpack and not fall or drop anything (or anyone!) on the very slippery floor, if you know what I'm sayin'!! I can, however, report success on all accounts!
I also managed to negotiate the pearl market on my own, getting the price I wanted (after walking away twice...Jay was so proud!)
Kai fell asleep on the bus back to the hotel, so we decided to stay in for noodles and a carpet picnic. There are some great shots of Jay and Kai sharing their noodles. This was quickly followed by an impromptu pillow fight. Kai can barely pick up these big 'ol pillows, but he had a good time, anyway.
We ended the day with a trip to the hotel pool. I think this was Kai's first trip to a pool, because he kept trying to keep his swim trunks dry...and then tried to take them off, all together!
Well that's about it from here! We are ready to GO HOME!!! Tomorrow, we will visit Shamian Island. It was here that we stayed during our last adoption. It sits right on the Pearl River and had been divided into two concessions given to France and the United Kingdom by the Qing government in the 19th century. The island is a historical area reminiscent of the colonial European period. (don't worry, no quiz tomorrow.) It has great restaurants and shopping and we look forward to seeing it, again.
We wish you, goodnight, until tomorrow!




































3 comments:

  1. I had a carrier like that for Jay, and I remember the struggle I had trying to get him in and out of it myself. Love seeing him play with Jay. Looking forward to tomorrows blog already. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kai looks like a different boy than just a few days ago. From scared and upset to happy and playful. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete